Saturday, October 10, 2009

A SIGH OF RELIEF

Hi everyone... It's Michael.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Joseph's condition today. The family has been in and out of the room all day {for good reason I might add} so updating the blog has not been the first thing on their minds.

OK... let me just say that since the surgery it's only been 3 days since I have been able to have a conversation with my best friend but ... It seems like it's been 3 years. I didn't get a chance to see him yesterday when he woke up and was trying to talk and it just about ripped my heart out. So when I arrived at Emory today I was anxious to say the least. I walked into the ICU and walked back to his room. I couldn't go in until I got all the gear on{Mask-Gloves-Gown} so I was standing outside the room looking at him saying... I'm coming ...I'm coming! The stupid gloves wouldn't go on right and I ripped a hole in the gown. Ok... I digress.... I finally got suited up and was able to make my way to the bedside. I can't even tell you how AWESOME it was to see him alert and talking and smiling! I just squeezed his hand and didn't want to let go. Even though Joseph is obviously in allot of pain and still looks like the bionic man... he is back to his old self... full of humor and concern for everyone but himself.

The main surgeon came in and gave Kayse and I an awesome report. He said that Jo is recovering way ahead of schedule. He didn't think he would come off the ventilator until Monday and he came off it yesterday... so instead of coming off the vent on Monday he is saying he may be able to move to a normal room. AWESOME!!!!

So .... Once again we want to say thank you to all of you who have been keeping up with everything and for praying most of all.

It won't be long till Joseph is back home ... new and improved...

Alright ... that's all for now...

Michael

4 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME news! So good to hear! Thinking of and praying for all of you.

    Jan, Lily and Jing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Whos says God is not faithful and answer prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx, Michael!! What a wonderful update! We are rejoicing with you, and won't stop praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so awesome to hear good news from a 27 yr old CF patient? Joseph , your family, and your friends are inn my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete